- Diaz Ruiz, C.A., & Kowalkowski, C., (2014) Market representations in industrial marketing: Could representations in fluence strategy? Industrial Marketing Management, 43(6). 1026–1034
- Diaz Ruiz, C.A. (2013) Assembling market representations. Marketing Theory, 13(3). 245-261.
- Diaz Ruiz, C. A. (2012). Theories of markets: Insights from marketing and the sociology of markets. The Marketing Review, 12(1). 61-77.
Publications in peer-reviewed conference proceedings:
- Diaz Ruiz, CA and Kjellberg, H. (2015). “’John is a Lumbersexual.’ In the special session Murto, R., “Performativity in markets: What can the field of market studies offer to CCT?” 10th annual Consumer Culture Theory Conference. 18-21 June, Arkansas, USA
- Holmqvist J., Diaz Ruiz, CA, and Peñaloza L. (2015). “Consumers’ moments of luxury: the case of salsa festivals.” The 44th EMAC Conference (European Marketing Academy), 26-29 May, Leuven, Belgium
- Holmqvist J., Diaz Ruiz, CA, and Peñaloza L. (2015). “Value as a fleeting moment: Value-in-use in a temporal practice.” The Naples Forum on Service, 9-12 June 2015, Naples Italy
- Diaz Ruiz, CA, Holmqvist J. and Peñaloza L. (2014). “Collective value creation within a Community of Practice: An ethnography with a community of salsa dancers.” 9th annual Consumer Culture Theory Conference. 16-29 June Helsinki, Finland
- Diaz Ruiz, CA, Holmqvist J. and Peñaloza L. (2013). “Articulation of value at the market level.” The 42th EMAC Conference (European Marketing Academy), 4-7 June, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Diaz Ruiz, CA, and Kowalkowski C. (2013). “Market representations in industrial marketing: an experimental investigation.” 29th IMP Conference, 1-2 September 2, Atlanta, USA
- Diaz Ruiz, CA, Holmqvist J. and Peñaloza L. (2013). “Articulation of value at the market level.” The 41th EMAC Conference (European Marketing Academy), 22-25 May, Lisbon Portugal.
- Diaz Ruiz, CA. (2012). “Organizing markets through representations in Market Research.” 45th Academy of Marketing Conference, 2-5 July, Southampton, UK.
- Diaz Ruiz, CA. (2011). “Reframing Market Configurations: Marketing in Market Scripting.” 44th Academy of Marketing Conference, 5-7 July, Liverpool, UK.
- Degree Supervisor: Maria Holmlund. Hanken School of Economics
- Thesis supervisory board: Lisa Peñaloza. Kedge Business School & Christian Kowalkowski, Linköping University
Diaz Ruiz, CA (2014). “Market Representations in Action: Foundations for the performativity of representations in marketing” Publications of the Hanken School of Economics, Economi och Samhälle 274. ISBN 978-952-232-239-5, ISSN 0424-7256
Summary: The study mobilizes concepts of performativity to investigate how abstractions about markets are used as prescriptions to shape how markets function. The dissertation is a collection of four essays and an introduction.
- Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden (04.2014)
- Kedge Business School (Previously BEM). Bordeaux, France. (05.2013)
- Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg University. Saint Petersburg, Russia (02.2013)
- Kedge Business School (Previously BEM). Bordeaux, France (11.2012)
Workshops and seminars
- Consumer Culture Nordic (04.2014) Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
- Consumer Culture Theorizing (05.2013) Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- 2nd Interdisciplinary Market Studies Workshop (06.2012) UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School. Dublin, Ireland
- Service Management and Relationship Marketing (09.2012) Hanken School of Economics. Helsinki, Finland.
- Effectuation Theory (03.2011) University of Southern Denmark. Kölding, Denmark
- Manuscript Seminar: opponent Suvi Nenonen. (03.2014). Hanken School of Economics. Helsinki, Finland.
- Industrial Marketing and Purchasing (IMP) Group (08.2013) Robinson College of Business. Atlanta, USA
- Finnish Marketing Tutorial (10.2013) University of Vaasa. Vaasa, Finland
- EMAC. (06.2012). ISCTE Business School. Lisbon, Portugal.
- CCT. (05.2013). Bilkent University. Ankara, Turkey.
- Academy of Marketing. (05.2011). Academy of Marketing. Liverpool, UK.
- Ad-hoc reviewer for Marketing Theory
- Trainee reviewer program for Journal of Consumer Research
- Consumer Culture Theory (2014) Master’s level. Aalto University. (Lead lecturer)
- E-commerce (2012-2013). Master’s level. Hanken School of Economics (Teacher Assistant for PhD Johanna Gummerus)
- Introduction to Marketing. (2011-12) Bachelors level. Hanken School of Economics (Teacher Assistant for PhD Catharina Von Koskull)
- Market Management. (2012-14) Master’s level. Hanken School of Economics (Teacher assistant for PhD Kaj Storbacka)